This month has literally flown by in a flash of excited *Squee*ing, arranging, planning, fundraising and general bouncing off the walls with barely contained glee. Here’s why:
In October I will be spending 2 weeks in Uganda working with Vision Aid Overseas giving eye examinations and distributing specs. Both professionally and personally this will be the most incredible and humbling experience and I’m beyond ridiculously excited. Thanks to the generosity of family, friends and patients I’ve already managed to raise £300 towards this fabulous project. Nearly all this month’s milestones are Uganda related and include:
- Setting up a JustGiving webpage
- Holding a coffee morning at work (my baking skills are much better than I thought!)
- Getting a mention on the local radio!
- Creating a “Guess the number of sweets in the jar” competition (yes, I did lose count and have to start over :/)
- Planning a coffee morning in August
- Acquiring a stand within Poole Dolphin Centre to sell more baked delights (2nd September)
- Arranging a raffle with a prize of £100 to spend at Harrold Opticians (Poole)
- Selling handmade cards
- Being offered some gorgeous ZenithJade jewellery to auction on my blog – due in August!
- Guest blogging at the fabulous It takes a Woman
- Ticking off my first 2 jabs. Just another 8 to go *wince*
All fundraising efforts, and of course a full report on the project will be posted here, so watch this space!
I’m quite excited to have been asked to review several dairy-free products on my blog. I have a horribly limited diet thanks to my lactose-intolerance (when I’m not lead astray by Giant Chocolate Buttons that is *ahem*) and I am seriously looking forward to expanding my food horizons.